25 December 2012

15 Notes to Self to Take Note Of

Posted by Unknown with 2 comments
I can't recall how many false alarms of the so-called "END OF THE WORLD" I have encountered in my life. My my... even I am wondering how I was able to survive all those and still be here writing this blog. People really have their own way of designing how their lives end up to be. They indulge in the task of crafting their own lives and dying to know how it's supposed to end up.

As far as I am concerned, I have had my short life laid out for me back when I was 13 years old. I was diagnosed with "something-I'd-rather-not-tell-since-it was-supposed-to-kill-me-at-age-17". All I know is... I got out of it-- alive and kickin' and more than willing to enjoy what life has to offer rather than putting limits to my own happiness or wasting my time designing how it was supposed to end up.

So folks, I know we all are paranoid about the incoming END and I know the worst that could happen is to have flying roaches or creepy crawlies bloat up to the size of a mammoth and have us all ingested to become stuffing for their bellies. So, how about, YOU STOP OVERTHINKING. Instead...
  1. Live your life like it's your last. Cliche I know, but there's always an element of truth to that.
  2. Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy. There are just some things that are not meant to be. Accept that and you'll see how easy life and moving on can become.
  3. Stop planting grudges, instead plant trees.
  4. Do your part in taking care of Mother Nature. You will be shocked on how SHE can be such a bitch in nurturing grudges and coming up with ways to strike back at you for being such a jerk to her.
  5. Think out of the box. You will never know how successful that idea can become once you let it out. Creativity knows no limits nor bounds. Just so you know, the best inventions came out of the craziest ideas.
  6. Travel. Explore. Learn. The world is big and so are your potentials.
  7. Do something that will not only make a mark on your resume or transcript of records , but acts that will leave a mark on others.
  8. Spend more time touching other people lives rather than touching the screens of your smartphones or tablets.
  9. Look beyond what is visible and focus more on what is good or on what can be good. Even the most grotesque sculpture can hold a beauty like no other-- you just have to look beyond the obvious.
  10. If you don’t know, don’t judge. You may be wrong. If you know, don’t judge. Everybody has their own weakness.
  11. Respect. Understand. Forgive. These are powerful ingredients to long-lasting and meaningful relationships not only with others, but even to yourself.
  12. Be thankful. A simple "thanks" cannot only make a person's day, moreover, it can also change a person's life.
  13. If you think that food, pill, person, or theory will take away your pain/suffering; then you will NEVER be free of your pain/suffering. There are really some things, answers, and people-- You just have to WAIT for. but just believe and don't worry, it'll be for the best. Trust me, I've been there.
  14. Sometimes you have to give yourself permission to not be hardcore for once. You don't have to be tough every minute of every day.
  15. Love unconditionally and fearlessly. In love, there is no such thing as halfway. I know it is cheesy, but you'll see... Doing so can be a lot of fun. :D

You know, I can go on and on and on sharing to y'all bits and pieces of learning of NOTES TO SELF I have gathered as I was out doing my... uhmm.. thing?! Whether you'd believe or follow them or not... is up to you!

I just hope you will be able to live a life made of sugar, spice, and everything nice. ;)

I know you have your own ideas, too. So how about we share ideas by exchanging notes? Feel free to comment about your own pieces of advice. :)


2 comments: