05 April 2011

It's Not Always Just About You

Posted by Unknown with 1 comment
I look at how I lived my life before and I realize just how naïve, selfish, and conceited I had been. I thought all along that all the achievements I have earned, reputation I’ve gained, rewards I’ve received, accomplishments I have made-- I thought that all those were of my own effort and that I was the only one who was responsible for it.

I was the one who had suffered, sacrificed, cried, and struggled just to achieve all those that I have now, thus, I deserve ALL the recognition.
It was a distorted perception that I now regret.
I was like a football player who was too engrossed on making a goal, without even noticing the other players that were playing with me to ensure that we all achieve victory. I was too selfish on gaining points for myself, while not giving credit to my other teammates who have warded off the opposing players just so my path towards the goal remains clear.

Had I known that, I would not have struggled that much and carried that much burden; because I would have known that I was not alone.

Had I known that before, my life would have had more meaning because I would have realized that everything that I have done is inclined into fulfilling my true purpose in life.

1 comment: