05 September 2012

Earrings. Guitars. Cappuccino. BROTHERS. ;)

Posted by Unknown with 3 comments
Tired, lethargic, and without an internet connection. How unfortunate could I be on a Tuesday? Well, but then again, I always go with the mantra: 

Carpe Diem (Seize the Day!)

Which is why, instead of wasting my time endlessly complaining about the situation I’m in, I allowed myself to indulge in the different things that never fail to plaster a smile on my face and put me on a jovial mood. 

MUSIC. BOOKS. SHOTI (my cam).
So, with my equally bored brother, Bryce, we huddled up in our living room. We then connected my music player and his guitar to our amplifiers and started to make some noise. Yes, I refer to it as noise.

Noise loud enough to wake our neighbors up. Noise loud enough to enliven our spirits. Noise loud enough to bring about rain (yes, thanks to our off-key singing). Noise loud enough to shake the walls of our home— filling the gap and and drab brought about by a nonexistent internet connection. (thanks to SmartBRO! D.U!)

I used to think I can live without an internet connection. But now, things have changed. Presently, I now think that the internet is pretty much like, earrings. 

Back then, I loathe wearing earrings. But after eons of years of seeing people wearing it, I joined the bandwagon and had myself piercd. Jealousy that led to curiosity, maybe. And look where it got me now— 3 piercings on my left ear and 3 more on the other side. What I once loathe now became an addiction… a necessity, with which, without it, I felt like I’m walking around naked. (Uhhh. eww?)

The Beginning

Anyway, what I really wanted to share or rather rant is my recent success:  Finishing a full tutorial on the basics of photography without moving on to another app. 


Well, it is because I usually download all available free apps I can lay my hands on that are related to the topic that I want. If you come to think of it, that would have been more effective and helpful; however, in my case, it only results to me not finishing anything.

Yes, such is the curse of a spirit that just want to learn all there is to learn in the shortest time possible. 

I go through all that is available with the belief that they can give me tidbits of essential information that I will need, only to end up more dumbfounded. Thus, this recent feat of  finishing one app without being distracted by other apps is quite a milestone(Thank you. Thank you. Yes, I am that shallow. :D) 

Note: Btw, the pics you see here are the fruits of what I learned. CHOS!

Anyway, (off-topic once again!)  

Have I told you my brother made a cup of cappuccino for me today? Yes. He made a cup of cappuccino for me. and in all fairness, it tastes good

Yes, he is adorable and obedient and sweet.  
Except maybe for his unnecessary peskiness whenever my friends are visiting me at home or his being overly generous to the point wherein he has no more baon for himself (because he has given it to his classmates); he is everything you would want your own brother to be.


He is the brother whom I swore to protect from all evil bitches, err I mean witches, that might end up breaking his heart. If a bitch/witch, does so— she would have to face the wrath that only a sister can give. HAHAHA! (Like as if I’m not one evil bitch, or rather, witch, too. CHOS!)

And because he just can’t say no to his ever persuasive and bossy sister (ehem!)— my over-enthusiastic brother agreed to be the slave to my lens for the night. With no plans whatsoever and with only the desire to shoot— the entire thing was just.... 

A W E S O M E
Or in the word I usually write it: OZUM 

We were both having a great time. He, with his guitar. I, with Shoti (my camera).


Snapping here, there, and everywhere, we were on a roll. With Jason Mraz’ I Won’t Give Up, Living in the Moment, and the Freedom Song playing in the background matched up with Bryce’s plucking of the guitar according to the songs being played-  that brief moment of bonding was something I’d really treasure.

While busy snapping away, I was also giving him tidbits of tips on how to shoot using a DSLR. If there’s anyone I would love to hand over my most-loved Shoti when time comes that I have Shoti 2.0; it would be HIM

After a day of guitar vanity, I propped on my favorite couch in my room, opened the book which my mom recently bought for me since she thinks the main character fits me well (and yes, I think she’s correct!), and spent the night drifting away with a good read.

3 comments: